Sunday, January 20, 2008

Feeling Out of Control

Phobias can make you feel out of control very quickly. You realize that you shouldn't be feeling the way you are, but yet at the same time you don't know how to make it stop. It doesn't take long before the irrational fears take over your life. "Why can't I just be normal?" How many of you have asked yourself that question? I ask it on a regular basis. It would be so nice to go to bed and not worry about my house burning down or to be able to go to the circus without freaking out over the clowns.

Not only do you have to deal with the fear, but you also have to deal with all the people around you who don't understand what you're going through. They're quick to judge and make fun of you. Sometimes this part of it becomes harder to deal with than the actual phobia. There's nothing like someone else making you feel crazier than you already do.

Does your phobia make you feel out of control? If so, do you have any tips on how to get things back under control?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, i am suffering from what you have exactly described. I had those episodes of the same earlier too.
But never payed heed as everyone said it would go away once you get out of this phase of life. And it did . Now again after 4 years I am getting the same thing but with much greater intensity. Its been 3 months now that I have been staying with it. I really dont understand what am I going through. Is it some type of infection, disease or what. I live with constant fear day and night that something might happen which I would not be able to handle and will go out of control. Worst is in the evening , it is as if there is some circus going inside of my brain. Silliest things that I laughed on once upon time , make me scared today. This had totally depersonalized me. I sometimes wonder what I was and what have I become.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment! I apologize for how long it has taken me to update the blog and see your comment. I hope that you can find the strength to deal with your phobia.

Total Pageviews