Thursday, January 10, 2008

Heliophobia: The Fear of the Sun

Heliophobia is a morbid fear of sun exposure. Natural sunlight provides us with vitamin D and many with this phobia tend to have vitamin D deficiencies. Vitamin D aids in the prevention of depression, osteoporosis, heart disease and certain cancers.

I don’t always like to be out in the sun, but I’m not afraid of it. I have great sympathy for anyone who has this phobia. It has to be hard to function normally. If you have this phobia I would really like to know what a day in your life is like. Some day hopefully everyone will understand what it’s like to live with a phobia.

1 comments:

Cunt shredder 420 said...

I suffer from heliophobia.
Living in Florida, it is a very unfortunate phobia to have.
I am fully aware that I can get vitamin D deficiency from lack of sun exposure, so I simply take vitamin D pills.
I usually go outside during the early morning or mid/late evening when the sun is low or gone from the sky. When I DO go outside when the sun is at it's greatest height, I bring a parasol,wear long clothing, and use sun screen with spf 110+. I limit my sun exposure as much as possible, and I still live a relatively normal life. I attend college, see friends, travel when I can, and I even work at a mall. Living with any phobia isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as it doesn't restrain you or hold you back in life. I understand how phobias are formed and how to deal with them, but I am perfectly content living with mine.

Total Pageviews