Monday, July 13, 2009

Arachnophobia: The Fear of Spiders

I thought I would throw one of the most common phobias in tonight. Arachnophobia is the irrational and exaggerated fear of spider. Most of us know about this one and millions of people suffer from it.

Those who suffer from arachnophobia do not like to be anywhere spiders may be and they get anxious at the thought of spiders. When they see a spider or its web, they are likely to have severe panic attacks. Pictures and drawings of spiders can even cause uneasiness and fear.

The 1990 movie Arachnophobia was a nightmare for anyone who suffers from this phobia and I’m sure it caused a lot of people to have this phobia. I’m definitely not a big fan of the movie. I had a few sleepless nights because of that one.

This phobia is a hard one to deal with because spiders are everywhere. Every year, especially during the summer we have to fight them off at our house. We have brown recluses and black widows,among other less threatening spiders. I don’t have arachnophobia yet, but it could happen if we can’t get these guys under control.

If you have this phobia tell us your story.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews