Monday, January 7, 2008

Somniphobia: The Fear of Sleep

Do you feel anxious before you go to bed at night? If you do then you may suffer from Somniphobia. Somniphobia is the fear of sleeping or going to bed. Those who suffer from this phobia are afraid of what will happen to them or around them while they are asleep. They are also afraid that if something does happen they won’t wake up. Some are afraid that they will die in their sleep.

I get a bit anxious at bedtime when I’m home alone, but that’s usually the only time. I think it’s mostly due to my pyrophobia though. I’m afraid the house will catch on fire and I won’t wake up. It’s really amazing how much we let fear dictate our lives. Maybe I could relax a little more if I didn’t have to deal with all this fear. What would your life be like without fear?

Do you have Somniphobia? Let’s talk about it.

13 comments:

Total Pageviews