Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cypridophobia: The Fear of Prostitutes and Venereal Disease


Cypridophobia is the abnormal and persistent fear of prostitutes and/or venereal disease.  All prostitutes are viewed as carriers of venereal disease and are avoided at all costs.

A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities or persons.  The main symptom is an excessive and unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. Other phobia symptoms include shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and an overall feeling of dread.  Phobias are the most common form of anxiety disorders.

Do you suffer from Cypridophobia?  Please share your story.  How was it triggered and how does it affect your life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a 49 year old male and have dated almost 200 women but I've only had sex with 40 of them because of cypridophobia. Condoms just don't give me enough sensation to maintain an erection and when I try and 'ride bareback' I can't get fully erect for fear that THIS might be the girl who carries herpes...or worse.

So I remain unmatched and unfulfilled. (But disease-free!)

Alex

Anonymous said...

I'm kind of cypridophobic because of the STDs and women who carry them. I never did had sex with a girl but the whole concept of STDs makes sex scary for me with or without condoms really.
Dante

Total Pageviews