Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Amathophobia: The Fear of Dust

Amathophobia is the fear of dust. It is also known as Koniophobia. I live in West Texas and I’m glad I don’t have to deal with this one. West Texas is one of the worst places someone with Amathophobia could live. The sand is always blowing and keeping the dust off the furniture is a full time job.

Those with Amathophobia are highly aware that the dust is not a threat to them, but they still have an extreme fear of it. They constantly clean and they don’t like going anywhere that may be dirty. Some may think that this phobia is silly, but all of us who have phobias understand how they can consume you. Imagine cleaning your house over and over again and you still feel that it’s not clean enough or how about having to visit friends or family whose houses aren’t clean enough for you to feel comfortable in. This causes some crazy anxiety and there is nothing silly about that.
Amathophobia is very serious and if you are suffering from it get help as soon as possible. Life is hard enough to deal with without having to deal with these pesky phobias. It’s never too late to get your life back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

im only 12 and i have this phobia it sucks and every one thinks im trying to get Attention and im not. they always smack pillows and i can see all the dust.it makes me shakey and nervous. i know the dust will always be there but it still helps me to were a cloth around my mouth and nose.the only place i can really BREATH is in my room,and outside. well and in school cus they wont let me have my cloth.

Total Pageviews