Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Matathsiophobia: The Fear of Changes


Metathesiophobia is the abnormal and persistent fear of changes.  I had this one for a while.  I held on to a toxic marriage because I was scared of the changes it would bring. I ended up giving up everything including my house and anything else that I could associate with him.  It turns out that change was exactly what I needed and I’m moving on happy and free.
A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities or persons.  The main symptom is an excessive and unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. Other phobia symptoms include shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and an overall feeling of dread.  Phobias are the most common form of anxiety disorders.
Do you suffer from Metathesiophobia?  Please share your story.  How was it triggered and how does it affect your life?

0 comments:

Total Pageviews