Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scelerophobia: The Fear of Bad Men or Burglars


Scelerophobia is the abnormal and persistent fear of bad men or burglars. This is a rational fear that is taken to an extreme because of a traumatizing experience.  An intense movie involving bad men or burglars is enough to trigger this phobia if the person is traumatized by the movie.  It may sound strange, but I’ve been traumatized by a movie before and it took months for me to get what happened in the movie out of my head.  Sometimes this fear never goes away.
A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities or persons.  The main symptom is an excessive and unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. Other phobia symptoms include shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and an overall feeling of dread.  Phobias are the most common form of anxiety disorders.
Do you suffer from Scelerophobia?  Please share your story.  How was it triggered and how does it affect your life?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I recently lost my brother and since then I have extreme thoughts I'm going to be tortured and killed by a bad man, I know it sounds extreme but I'm to scared to go out an night on my own, please help

Total Pageviews