Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ranidaphobia: The Fear of Frogs

Ranidaphobia is the abnormal and persistent fear of frogs.  I can understand this one,  but I definitely don't have it.  I have a huge fascination with frogs.  Ceramic ones and yes, even real ones.  I will run outside after it rains and try to catch one.  I know a lot of people who collect clowns and it makes me cringe, but I collect frogs so now I know that there's someone out there who would cringe at the thought of that.
The Gift of Fear

A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities or persons.  The main symptom is an excessive and unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. Other phobia symptoms include shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and an overall feeling of dread.  Phobias are the most common form of anxiety disorders.

Do you have Ranidaphobia?  Please share your story.  How was it triggered and how does it affect your life?

4 comments:

Total Pageviews