Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Atychiphobia: The Fear of Failure


Atychiphobia is the abnormal and persistent fear of failure.  Those who suffer from this phobia will not take any kind of risks because they are terrified to fail.  They live life simply existing and never accomplishing anything.
A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities or persons.  The main symptom is an excessive and unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. Other phobia symptoms include shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and an overall feeling of dread.  Phobias are the most common form of anxiety disorders.
Do you suffer from Atychiphobia?  Please share your story.  How was it triggered and how does it affect your life?

1 comments:

Leslie Young said...

I know I have in constant fear because every time I have to take a test, I just know I am going to fail. For example, last week, I went to go take my driver's test and all I could think about was how I was going to fail and sure enough I did. I don't want to live with this fear anymore, but I am hoping with the help of friends and the advice I found on http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pho to help me overcome my fear of failure.

Total Pageviews