Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cholerophobia: The Fear of Cholera

 Cholerophobia is the abnormal and persistent fear of cholera.


A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities or persons.  The main symptom is an excessive and unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject. Other phobia symptoms include shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and an overall feeling of dread.  Phobias are the most common form of anxiety disorders.

Do you suffer from Cholerophobia?  Please share your story.  How was it triggered and how does it affect your life?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fear is , I'd say, the biggest emotion in my life. Funny thing is, I also consider myself an eternal optimist. I am afraid whenever the phone rings. My imperfections turn into extreme guilt on an irrational level. I have a hard time with any relationship that has shown true anger. Especially any yelling. I shut down and isolate and would rather chock off relationship than ever face anger again. In my isolation. Guilt about isolation and fear of angry judgement feeds the circle and isolates me even more. Basically if you have raised your voice at me. I do anything to avoid all contact out of pure terror. Then I fear that call every day. Same with any disappointment I may cause others. I'm filled with remorse and guilt. That makes my fear worse too.

Total Pageviews